Over-exfoliating is one of the biggest mistakes in the skincare routine. To achieve clearer, brighter skin, exfoliation on a consistent basis is what works well. Generally, the skin should be exfoliated only one to two times per week to help expedite skin cell turnover without causing damage. If you’ve been slathering on the exfoliating acids daily, there’s a good chance your skin is begging for a break.
Signs of over-exfoliate
- flaky and rough patches
- irritation, burning or peeling
- redness and inflammation
- breakouts, especially small pimples
- increased sensitivity to other products in your routine
I'm over-exfoliate! What to do?
- stop exfoliating
- switch to a super-gentle, non-foaming cleanser
- apply fragrance-free moisturiser
- continue apply sunscreen
It could take as long as a month to get the old skin, but no worries, no need to rush since everything will be okay after that. Go glow together with Glowdayy!